“And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
Soup, Tea & Coffee morning: Our soup kitchen work in conjunction with night shelters operating in our local community. The objective is to provide a hot meal to rough sleepers at least once a week.
Advice centre: Our advice centre works in conjunction with our soup kitchen. The objectives include sign posting, being a listening ear and offer support where possible.
Community Leaders breakfast/Lunch:
The mains aims of the breakfast meeting are as follows:-
- To provide a forum for leaders from the local and national statutory sectors, faith, voluntary, community and business sector as well as concerned individuals to discuss and seek joint working solutions on issues of community welfare, the promotion of communal values and unity
- To facilitate networking among various sectors
- To create a forum for open and proactive discussion
- To provide a voice for communities
- To provide a real opportunity for consultation and information sharing
Food bank: Our food bank project is called “Food 4 U ” the essence of the service is to provide supportto support those who have fallen on hard times and therefore find themselves in a difficult situation.
We understand that sudden crises such as unemployment, redundancy, benefit delays, or illness can quickly live you unable to cater for yourself and loved ones. The Food 4 U program is therefore designed not only to provide food but to also support by helping with advice (financial & social related matters) and to point you in the right direction for professional assistance where necessary.
The centre is open two days a week Tuesday and Thursday from 11am to 2pm
PHIM (Food 4 U) is a registered charity organisation that relies 100% on donations (If you are reading this and would also like to make a contribution towards this project then please contact us accordingly)
Our legally qualified members provide free legal counselling in areas such as housing, immigration, familyand other areas of Law. They organise seminars and workshops to provide information on different areas of Law. They will refer you on to the Citizens Advice Bureau, Law centre and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) as appropriate.
Older Adults Forum